Wednesday, July 1, 2009

She speaks


Bound to superficial realities
fettered to a vacant vanity,
hiding from my own reflection,
vomiting remorse
and eating my own words.

terrified to face my facade.

Doubled over
bleeding,
impeding the paths of others.

broken by the straw of society

- my consciousness

condemned and frayed.

Bordering borderline insanity,

inundated by missions

armed with promises that simply will not last

haunted by an everlasting past.

My whole world is an illusion

of confusion
I've gradually chosen to embrace.
I reject acceptance to avoid monotony;

even my inconsistencies long for change.

a sinister grin accompanies my every reflection,

liberated of reason or substance.

In these, my gifts

I freely give

replacing the places of self-hatred

with meditation

and erasing all traces of

temporal limitations

Broken and impaled,

I honor my bed of nails

leaving me scarred and numb

but shaping the person that I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment